Do you know…
- In 2012, 1 out of every 68 children born in the United States was diagnosed with autism?
- Autism is increasing by 15-18% per year?
- In 2028, based on those numbers, 1 out of every 2 boys born in the United States will be diagnosed with Autism?
Who will be our doctors, our nurses, our firemen, our police, our soldiers, our teachers, our social workers, our business owners, and our entrepreneurs?
Do you realize…
- Eighty percent of families of children with special needs end up in broken homes?
- Even in two parent homes, one parent typically doesn’t work to make sure that the children can get picked up from school, taken to Doctor appointments, or to therapies?
- There are no after school programs for special needs children?
We are very excited! Our World at HOPE Park is bringing resources together to bring a special needs school and park to the Southern Crescent area. This school, in addition to the normal education that students get, will have labs for life skills, much needed therapies at school, and afterschool programs.
You can help!! Purchase tickets to the “Putting the Pieces Together” Gala
- Bid on Silent and Live auction items (both on line and at the Gala)
- Take advantage of Partnership Opportunities
- Donate to Our World at HOPE Park.